Did you know that calling a sweet potato a "yam" in Western culture has deep roots that can be traced back to West African ancestors? Their longing for home and the memories of the true yam referred to as “nyami” (which means "to eat") led to this unique connection.
Savor the essence of this rich history with locally grown and brewed, Seeds Take Up the Soil - Sweet Potato Ale, a special collab beer between Creature Comforts Brewing and local black-owned brewery, Our Culture, which celebrates the shared roots of African and Southern agriculture. Cans just arrived to Hop City yesterday! It's the perfect beer for the holiday season, brewed with vanilla, spices and locally grown sweet potatoes from Sundance Farm.
We're helping to celebrate the launch by hosting a "Meet and Greet" at Hop City Krog next Friday night. Come hear the story, taste the beer and buy special glassware that helps support microgrants for local urban agriculture initiatives in GA (via Brewgether).
Friday, November 17; 6:00 - 8:00 PM @ Hop City Krog District
Always anticipated seasonal drops from LOCAL faves arrived last week! Koko Buni (Milk Porter from Creature Comforts) and Bourbon Barrel Drafty Kilt (BB Scotch Ale from Monday Night Brewing) are on the shelves - get them while they're in-stock!
RAR Brewing! We don't get a ton of frequent deliveries from RAR, so we get excited when we see them. What'd we get? Seven of their awesome smoothie sours from the Out of Order series and Glitch Pig, a hazy IPA.
UPDATED PARKING INFO @ Hop City Krog!
Parking regulations at Krog have recently changed and it should make your shopping experience more convenient! Here's the skinny...
FREE 1-Hour Parking (Monday - Thursday)
Yeah, you heard that right, FREE 1-hour parking is now available in Butler Parking Deck during weekdays (excluding Friday). The deck is accessible via Krog Street (same side as the market). Be sure to scan the QR code in the deck to register your vehicle!
Curbside Pickup & Assistance
If you're ordering online for pickup or have a big in-store purchase and need help loading your goodies, we've got your back! Simply pull up to the delivery lane off the Irwin St entrance and give us a call! 470-355-2534.
- Magnanimous A Call to the Beyond
- Parish Holy Ghost (selling fast!!)
- RAR Glitch Pig
- Magnanimous Dortmunder
- Magnanimous Zurg
- Hi-Wire Mai Tai Tiki Sour
- Prairie Rhinestone Rancher
- RAR Out of Order: No Autographs Please
- RAR Out of Order: Double Raspberry Sorbet
- RAR Out of Order: Mr. Steal Your Heart
- RAR Out of Order: Double Dragon Kick
- RAR Out of Order: Storm's-A-Brewin'
- RAR Out of Order: Get Over Here
- RAR Out of Order: Ninja Lego Double Strawberry Sorbet
- RAR Out of Order: Construction Lego Double Mango Sorbet
- Untitled Art Cherry Strudel
- Hi-Wire 10W-40 Mexican Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout
- Jackie-O's Champion Ground
- Jackie-O's Decorating Pieces of Time
- Jackie-O's Green & Black Elevators
- Jackie-O's Iron Sharpens Iron
- Jackie-O's Vanilla & Coffee Bean BB Dark Apparition
SELTZER & MEAD
- Schramm's Nutmeg
- Schramm's Pacific Bramble
- Schramm's A Smile of Fortune
- Schramm's Ginger
- Untitled Art Black Seltzer