These elegant beers are great to share and belong on the dinner table
Green Bench Alice
This foedre-fermented, wine-barrel-aged golden ale is distinctly brettanomyces forward. Never quite delving into a tart or sour place, this one is deeply funky, displaying barn-yard notes of hay and horse blanket. Deep and complex yet warm and bright. Pair with the funkiest, stinkiest cheese you've got.
Urban Artifact Stegosaurus
Cincinatti sour wizards Urban Artifacts outdid themselves with this big, tart and jammy treat. Inordinate levels of Balaton and Montmorency cherries are perfectly integrated into the relatively robust base beer. the result is rich, bold and delicious, and pairs perfectly with anything dark chocolate.
Drie Fonteinen Druif Muscaris
Legendary Belgian lambic producer Drie Fonteinen makes some of the most elegant and complex beers in the world, and this one co-fermented with Muscaris grape must is no exception. Deeply funky with bright white wine notes, this can pair with a wide variety of entrees, from chicken to fish to pasta with creamy sauce.
Check out Wes's Valentines wine picks!
Maison Noir “Love Drunk” Rose
A fresh reminder that you could get drunk on worse things than a crisp rose, this wine has provocative aromas of strawberry and raspberry, followed by refreshing flavors of wild strawberry, watermelon rind, and a hint of kiwi.
Maison Noir “OPP” Pinot Noir
Earthy, spicy, floral, herb-framed flavors of cherry with ginger and wood-spice tones. This Pinot Noir might be more suited for Feb 15th, but you can always get down with OPP any day of the year. Turn on some Naughty By Nature and pair with duck, roasted chicken, or grilled mushrooms.
Daou “Pessimist” Red
73% Petite Sirah • 14% Zinfandel • 12% Syrah • 1% Grenache
Valentine’s Day and relationships aren’t for everyone, particularly if you can read the statistics, but this soft and cozy red blend is great company even for the most jaded. Intense aromas of
blueberry, black raspberry and currant are complemented by hints of cherry, rhubarb and plum. Pair with pulled pork bbq, your favorite burger, and peace & quiet.
Cocchi Brachetto d’Acqui
Whether you enjoy chocolate, fruit pastries, or spicy pizza, Brechetto d’Acqui shows up on time with the right balance of love languages: ripe red fruits, balanced sweetness & acidity, and lively effervescence.
- Good People: Snake Handler - Legendary double IPA
- Stone: Enjoy By 4.20.23 - Hazy double IPA
- Blackberry Farm: Stonefly - Double IPA with Centinneal, Chinook, Columbus and Talus
- Fat Bottom: Daisy - White IPA
- Rogue: Dead Guy IPA - New, IPA version of the legendary Dead Guy
- Clown Shoes: Rainbows are Real - Hazy IPA
- Sloop: (No) Green Beer - Hazy IPA
- Pipeworks: Infinite Galaxy - American IPA with Galaxy
- Pipeworks: Petrified Forest - Oak-aged IPA
- Straight To Ale: Lily Flagg - Milk Stout
- Pipeworks: King Cake - Imperial ale with cinnamon, nutmeg, lactose and lemon
- Pipeworks: Tiramisunicorn - Ale with coffee, cacao nibs, lactose, vanilla and almond
- Pipeworks: Hey Man, There's a Beverage Here! - White Russian inspired stout
- Pipeworks: Saddle Up - Blended, barrel-aged barleywine with cherry
- Hi-Wire: Cherry Red Hot - Tart wheat ale with cherry, cinnamon and cayenne
- Pipeworks: The Magic Zone - Ale with coconut, chili and lime