With all of the crazy beer we get from all over the country and the world, it can be easy to overlook the insanely good beer that gets made right here in Birmingham. There is constantly new stuff popping up all over town, and we love it when our friends send us something new that they are excited about!
It's impossible to cover everything at once, but here are the newest, freshest cans from breweries right here in town.
Steele Hall Hyperscale
This bold and refreshing sour ale with passion fruit and dragon fruit rides the line between more crisp, tart and puckering sours and heavier smoothie sours deftly, maintaining a decadent juiciness while kicking up the drinkability.
Cahaba Cinematic Sour
Brewed to celebrate the local Sidewalk Film Festival, this pink guava, pineapple and tangerine sour is oh so bright, and so pleasantly tart. You can drink these bad boys in the sun, or in the theater, all day.
Cahaba Star Bazaar
As much as we love hazies, we get pretty excited about a really well done, clear, crisp IPA. This one has a pleasant and pronounced maltiness, some very classic hop flavors, and some very modern stone fruit hop flavors. This IPA can't be pinned to either coast, but it is bright and pretty.
Good People Good & Hazy
Our staff here was super into this one. Everyone's two favorite show-stopper hops, Galaxy and Citra, get boosted by the super juicy and tropical El Dorado, and the body hits just the right balance of silkiness and drinkability. We might argue this is the best hazy IPA from Good People yet.
- Good People: Good and Hazy - Hazy IPA with Galaxy, Citra and El Dorado
- Cahaba: Star Bazaar - Double IPA
- Hi-Wire: Gator Juice - West Coast style IPA dry-hopped with juicy American hops
- Oskar Blues: Tropic Mutant - Tropical experimental IPA with Galaxy, Strata and Talus
- Straight To Ale: Unobtanium - Old ale aged in bourbon barrels
- Founders: KBS Blueberry - Bourbon barrel aged stout with coffee, chocolate and blueberries
- Steele Hall: Hyperscale - Sour ale with dragonfruit and passionfruit
- Cahaba: Cinematic Sour - Sour ale with passionfruit and guava
- Urban Artifact: Dragons - Rare midwest fruit tart with dragonfruit