The oppressively hot, sweltering Alabama summer calls for seriously refreshing beer, and we've got you covered!
Ok, so picture it: you are in or near your favorite body of water. It's hot outside, work is a distant afterthought for next week, and you've got a cold beer in your hand. Not bad right? The ancient art of drinking a beer by the water has been perfected by our Alabamian ancestors, and it is up to y'all to carry on the tradition.
But now, what beer do you have in your hand? If you need something new that packs just the right amount of flavor into an ultimately drinkable package, we've got some stellar options that just hit our shelves. Check out these serious summer sippers today!
Crooked Stave: Mexican Lager
Crooked Stave has proven themselves over the last few years of being fully capable in the lager realm, even exceedingly good. They've hit the mark with their most repeatably drinkable lager yet, adding just a pinch of sea salt and lime to an economical yet complex Mexican style lager. Light, bright and crisp, with a wisp of lager fermentation complexity.
Montucky: Cold Snacks
This legendary regional lager has a cult following built in, and a price to undercut the macro guys. But don't let that fool you: this is a fully lagered, finely crafted brew that is an absolute pleasure to drink allllll day long without breaking the bank. Don't call it "cheap" beer, call it the ultimate value play.
Hi-Wire: Mountain Mule
This simple, clean little ale is accented beautifully with ginger and lime, creating the clean, crisp, sharp, distinct and unmistakable flavor of a cold Mule. A dry finish and light body provide the repeat drinkability, and this is an immediate game-changer in the hot weather beer game.
Beer Zombies: Boomstick
"Yeah. All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This... is my Boomstick!" says the jet black can from this San Diego area collective. "The perfect beer to sip & enjoy, chug or shotgun!" On the other side are detailed and diagramed instructions to shotgun the can. Jake's verdict: could easily be the best American blonde ale on our shelves. A perfect balance of mild Oyster Cracker maltiness and moderate crisp hoppiness.
- Sloop: Green Islands - Hazy IPA brewed with oats
- Hi-Wire: Big Boy - Thiolized New England IPA dry-hopped with Azacca and Idaho-7
- Montucky: Cold Snack - American lager, in tall-boy 6 packs and 12oz twelve packs
- Birmingham District: Birmingham Pilsner -American style Pilsner
- Birmingham District: Pecan Lager - Vienna style lager with pecans
- Yazoo: Birthday Saison - Classic French Saison dry-hopped with New Zealand hops
- Crooked Stave: Mexican Lager - Mexican style lager with lime and sea salt
- Hi-Wire: Mountain Mule - Ale brewed with ginger and lime
- Fat Bottom: Summer - Tropical blonde ale with pineapple and mango
- Crooked Stave: Mojito Sour - Sour ale brewed with lime and mint
- Fairhope: Blue Steel - Blueberry and lemon sour
- Oyster City: Raspberry Hibiscus B-Liner Weisse - sour ale with raspberry and hibiscus
- Westbrook: Mexican Cake - Imperial stout with cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon and habenero peppers, available in 4-packs and 22oz bottles