You feel that? That familiar steamy, humid heat creeping up the back of your neck? Oh yeah baby, we are in Alabama, and summer begins precisely 2.5 weeks after the cold weather ends. Ready or not, here we are.
The good news is, we've got plenty of delightful, refreshing beer to take the edge off the cutting heat. These are crowd pleasers y'all. Easy to drink, easy to get into. Give them to your friend who swears they "don't like beer at all." Beer is fun, don't take it too seriously!
Birmingham District Salty Amigo
This local favorite gose from the hometown heroes down 2nd Avenue South is a real thirst quencher. Quite dry, pleasantly tart, and fairly low in ABV, the touch of sea salt makes this one actually hydrating. Never mind how deliciously crushable it is.
Chandeleur Beet Bum
Ok, hear us out on this one: the beet is a minor flavor component, but it gives this seaside sour ale a gorgeous reddish-purple color while the lemon and apple do the heavy lifting. This one is quite unique, but oddly familiar at the same time.
Duclaw Sour Me America
This one is a repeat crowd favorite, and many of us look forward to its return each summer. This one takes the flavor approximation award easily, with its bright flavors of cherry, raspberry and lime, balanced with just the right touch of sweetness. Endless nostalgia here.
Prairie Island Squeeze
Prairie shot for a rich, lightly creamy tiki cocktail, and frankly, they nailed it. Loaded with all the tropical fruit you could ask for, smoothed out with a touch of vanilla, and capped with a lovely tart sweetness, this iteration of Squeeze deserves to be drank directly from a coconut.
- Stone: Downunderstruck - Double IPA with Australian hops
- Palmetto: Cold IPA - Cold IPA with Citra, Centennial and Azacca
- Good People: Cherry Almond - Sour ale with cherry and almonds
- Parish: SIPS Triple Cherry - Berliner style Weisse beer with sweet cherry, tart cherry and black cherry
- Ghost Train: O- Bomb - Imperial sour ale
- Parish: Extra Sauce - Lemonade imperial shandy
- Yazoo: Grisette - Belgian style light wheat ale inoculated with Yazoo's house culture
- Happy Dad: Happy Mom Raspberry - Raspberry seltzer in 12-packs
- Abita: Sweet Tea - Hard sweet tea
- B. Nektar: Pomegranate Zombie Killer - Hard cider with honey and pomegranate
- Prairie: Stuf't - Imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with vanilla, cacao nibs and Oreos
- Yazoo: Sue - Imperial smoked porter
- Thursday, May 11th: Porky's Pride, 4 - 8 PM
- Friday, May 12th: Tacos Toluca, 4 - 8 PM
- Saturday, May 13th: Tacos Toluca, 11 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday, May 14th: Southern Fried Vegan BBQ, 1 - 5 PM