We get all sorts of fall seasonal, Oktoberfest, and pumpkin beers through this part of the year, but only a select few are truly beers fit for the reason for the spooky season, Halloween! So grab your pumpkin bucket, or your pillowcase, and start filling up. Don't wait though, because these beers will vanish into thin air, or turn into a pumpkin, or whatever. You get it. They won't hang around much longer!
1911, Candy Corn Hard Cider
Apple cider is already the vibe for the cooling weather and fall season, and this one takes it to the next level; without becoming too sugary sweet, it mirrors the unmistakable flavor of everyones favorite old-timey candy. And you don't even have to knock on a strangers door to get it!
Ommegang, All Hallows Treat
This one comes straight out of the candy bucket. Do you love Reese's? Then you already love this beer. The sacred chocolate and peanut butter balance struck by the legendary cup candy resonates in this medium bodied stout, and makes you wanna unwrap or crack open another, and another, and another...
Westbrook, Costume Party
Reach into the candy bucket again, and this time you pull out a Snickers. It's got a big bite though. Clocking in at a hefty 11% ABV, this imperial stout has a thick, rich body, just the right level of candy sweetness, and is punctuated by a light, salty, nuttiness. Throw on your costume and indulge.
Southern Tier, Pumking
The Pumking reigns with authority and wisdom. All must bow down at the alter of nutmeg and allspice. To take the full brunt of his swift and encompassing gourd barrage will convert even the most staunch non-believer. Resistance is futile. Embrace your pumpkin overlord.
- Good People: Snake Handler - Legendary double IPA
- Bell's: Hopslam - Double IPA with honey
- Sierra Nevada: Celebration - Classic fresh hop IPA
- Edmunds Oast: Arcade - Old-school pale ale
- Edmunds Oast: Winds in the Holler - Appalachian style rye cold IPA
- Cahaba: Lost at Sea - Imperial hazy IPA
- Hi-Wire: Keller Pils - German style Keller Pilsner
- Living Waters: Stratus - Fruit beer with raspberry
- Chandeleur: Blueberry Crumble - Sour ale with blueberry and spices
- Parish: SIPS Bellini - Berliner style beer with Chardonnay grapes and peach
- Chandeleur: Tarponator - German style Doppelbock
- Monday Night: Stranger Danger - Bourbon barrel-aged peanut butter cup milk stout
- Monday Night: Bourbon Drafty Kilt - Bourbon barrel-aged Scotch ale
- Bell's: Christmas Ale - Scotch ale
- Bell's: Expedition Stout - Russian imperial stout
- Sloop: Coco Baked - Stout with toasted coconut, oatmeal and milk sugar
- Prairie: Christmas Bomb! - Imperial stout with spices
- Prairie: Barrel Aged Christmas Bomb! - Imperial stout with spices aged in bourbon barrels
Gus's Hot Dogs + Hop City Wine Dinner!We thought that might get your attention! We've got a delightful dinner with thoughtful wine pairings coming up at Hop City. And who doesn't love hot dogs? This whimsical yet deceptively serious dinner will include SEVEN small courses with wine pairings to match. You DO NOT want to miss out on these insane specialty dogs!
It's all going down on Sunday, November 12, starting at 5:30 PM.
Cost is $90/ per person, tax and gratuity included. Call the store to make your reservations. See you there!